Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I had a great artist's weekend!

greetings, fellow/sistren trans-gressorizers!

i just wanted to share what a dreamy weekend i had. not in the way of getting lots of things done (although the very necessary nappage did occur, thank goodness), but in artist support and inspiraccione, if you will...

saturday 2pm-5pm i met with my black lesbian writer's group--our first meeting. we're working on a nifty name for our group, among other assignments. it was a great meeting and we got a lot done. i learned a lot and grew a bit as a humyn, being. which is the point of these things anyway, right? i'm amazed at how much of acting, for example, is really about being... but anyway, then

saturday 12pm-5pm ish also, i met with y'all (trans-gression). i also learned a lot, and something Tally said in response to my check-in may have taken years off my path to a content and gainfully employed musician and writer. i heard from a very wise person once that your friends really influence where you are life and what you are doing. well the exact quote was, "show me who your friends are and i'll show you who you are".
so lately, i've been all "okay, I need to be around people who are doing what i wanna be doing".
so now i'm around people who are making their art and growing as individuals.
Laureen, in particular, has helped me a lot in helping me to work more efficiently and visualize a kind of life i want to have someday...a life that i am building now with her help and with all of yours as well.

i hope everyone's having a great day!

CX/Amethyste

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Projetores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://projetor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.